"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Crafty Tuesday

Pin It Ok, this week for my crafty Tuesday I was needing something to spruce up some flip flops.  I ordered some shoes and when I went to get them they fit length wise this time but not width wise.  I think I've mentioned before that I am 6' 1" and wear a woman's size 13 shoe.  Um, yeah so it's pretty hard to find cute girlie shoes that don't cost an arm and a leg. 

I hunted up some tutorials on how to make fabric flowers so that I could just add them to my flip flops.  Thank God our church is pretty casual and most the people there wear flip flops, nice jeans and a top and sometimes capris.  Of course the teens just wear jeans or shorts and a t-shirt.  I do like it better that way, I am much more comfortable in stuff like that than dresses!  lol 
Here is the wonderful tutorial I found from Maize Hutton 

Anyways, here is the what I did to my $1 Old Navy flip flops.  I just added one of those circle button velcros to the back of each one.  I did use some E600 glue to make sure it would stick.


I made up some other flowers too and Maddie decided to snag the pink ones of course and have me make one into a hair clip and the other one into a pin.  (yeah, her hairs a little messy, she was playing hard today!)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online