"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday

Pin It
Visit Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for more Happy Homemaker Mondays!

The weather in my neck of the woods:



Things that make me happy:
My Lord, church, family & friends
Coffee!!


Book(s) I'm reading:
Still reading Purpose Driven Life
Bible

What I'm enjoying on TV:
Animal Planet
Netflix movies


On the menu for dinner:
Thinking of making french toast and turkey sausage!  Love breakfast for supper!

Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
My grandma's oatmeal rolls.  Made them before and craving them lately!


On my To Do list:
laundry, 
clean up craft room, (cleaned up the school/craft area Sunday)
Working on chore chart again with Mad... we'll see how it goes


In the Craft Basket:
Those knee socks still
gathered purse, (just have to find some coordinating material
washer necklaces

Looking forward to this week:
finally going to pumpkin patch on Sat!!

Tips & Tricks:
nada


My favorite blog post this week (mine or other):
Haley's HeARTwork: Framed and Friday Finds
Just love her frame!!

No words needed (favorite photo or photos, yours or others you want to share):



Lesson learned the past few days:
I just need to stop worrying about stuff!  The house can never be like those houses in the magazines, especially when we LIVE in it!  :o)


Devotionals, Scripture reading, Key Verses:
Think about the things of Heaven, not the things of earth. ~ Colossians 3:2

 

Forgot to add G'ma's Oatmeal Roll recipe... sorry!

 

G'ma Barbara's Oatmeal Rolls

 
1 1/2 Cups Old fashioned oats
1/4 cup oleo
2/3 Cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
Put the above in a large bowl and cover with 3 cups of boiling water, stir gently.
 
 
 
Cool to room temperature and add 2 pkgs. yeast (4 1/2 tsp.)  in 1/3 cup warm water.  Add 5 1/2 to 7 cups flours.  Add flour until fairly stiff.  Knead on floured board until fairly smooth.
 
Put dough into greased bowl and cover.  Let rise until double in bulk.  Shape into rolls and dip into melted oleo.  Place on cookie sheet and let rise until double in bulk.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15 - 17 minutes or until lightly browned.
 

6 comments:

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

HI Nicole,
The pumpkin patch sounds like fun.. Lord willing we are going to one near our house this week..

Blessings,
Virginia

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I can never get rolls to turn out right. Oatmeal rolls sound great :-) You'll have to post the recipe!

My Mad World said...

I hope you can make it Virginia!

Added it Lisa! lol I was meaning to do that last night but guess I didn't remember.. oops!

Mary said...

I love that picture of you guys! Have fun at the pumpkin patch! We went on Friday and had a lot of fun :)

Dawn said...

Ha ha ha! Love the title and heading of this blog! Great meme too...going to have to check in to it. Have a wonderfully blessed day!

My Mad World said...

Thanks so much!!
Yes, please join in on the meme!! I have it open all week and will do another one next Tuesday! Feel free to jump in with any and everything!!

Have a blessed day too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online