"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Friday, November 12, 2010

Oops!

Pin It

I have been wanting to find a crochet brimmed hat pattern and I have a few but I just couldn’t get them to work out right.  I decided to just crochet a hat for Mad and then try to figure out how to add a brim to it myself.  Well…. I didn’t work out too well.  When I got done and tried it on Maddie she said, “It has a beak!”  I told her, “yeah, but it’s supposed to be a brim not a beak. I’ll take it off.”  She started yelling at me not too because she liked the beak.  So… I just left it and then I added some buttons for eyes and a little braid to the top of it.  She really likes it and it is kind of cute. 

 005          010020                      

I did finally find one that I actually figured out.  It’s still not perfect but not bad for my first try.  Now I am going to try to make a new one for Maddie.  Little Mad took these pictures for me.  She did a great job too!

newsboy cap

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!! I think the beak hat is super cute and I love the hat you are wearing. I have always wanted to crochet but I guess I need to learn first...lol
Great job!
Blessings!

My Mad World said...

Thanks Barb! She really likes it.
Mine is really warm! will be great later this month and next.

It took me a bit to learn how to crochet. Didn't really pick it up until 7 years ago. Youtube is great for learning or refreshing your memory!

Have a great weekend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online