"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

{Crafty Tuesday}

Pin It
Crafty Tuesday 2
Welcome to Crafty Tuesday!  Crafty Tuesday is to share with others your craftiness, either with things you have made (craftiness or baking because that’s crafty too!) little ideas on fun things with the kids or something cute you have found that you would like to make!  Please feel free to link up and take the button in the sidebar on the right hand side!  Thanks!!!

A while back I mentioned that I was making a mermaid for Mad.  She loves mermaids and has been begging me to make her a mermaid tail so she can swim like a mermaid.  Um…. NO!  I googled it and there are actually a ton of tutes out there on how to make one… but do you know how much that material would be!?!  Plus a few of them you have to get this flipper thing, that is actually one solid flipper and you add that to the tail.  Yeah, like that’s gonna happen! 


So… I decided to just make her a crochet mermaid doll.  It turned out pretty cute but the arms I am going to have to take off and make shorter.  I even made them shorter than the pattern said.  Mad still loves it and says it’s fine but everytime I look at it I just wanna rip those arms off!  lol
OK.. here’s the mermaid.
Like the bread tie for the marker? Winking smile
DSCF5181
DSCF5183
DSCF5184
DSCF5186
DSCF5190
So, what have you been crafting?




3 comments:

Cami said...

You are so talented dear!

<3-Cami from Serendipitious Life

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Hi Nicole,
I'm going to have to try and get my act together for oen of your Tuesday parties...and link up with something crafty :) :)

The mermaid doll turned out so cute :) :) I'm glad she's wearing a bikin top :) :) The hair turned out really cool with all the different colors. What type of yarn did you use on the hair?

Speaking of crafts, I need to go crochet something ;) :) Have a great week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

My Mad World said...

Thanks Cami! Much love to you!!

Thanks Heather! You can join in with any of the things you have already done too! You have so many cute things!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online