I have been wanting something for my phone that I could also carry my license and debit card with. I have seen a few purses like it but I wanted to crochet something up. This is just a real quick one and my first one. I will be making it a little better. Need to get some little metal u-shaped things, (not sure the official name) so that I can make a strap and either wear it around my neck or make the strap shorter and clip it to that. I just didn’t have any. So here is my first pattern and rough draft of it. I have never shared one of my written patterns because I usually forget to write them down or I just don’t know how to write it. So… bare with me as I share this. If you have any questions I hope I can answer them for you! (sorry only have pics of finished case)
- I used an H hook and sugar and cream yarn
- Bag pieces
- 1. Chain 13
- 2. sc in 2nd chain from hook, and sc across, ch 1 turn(12)
- 3. Sc in each stitch, ch1 turn
- 4. Continue row 3 until it measures about 10 in long. Once you get done I folded it in half to sew it together. So you are just sewing up the sides, with the panel below sewed in between one side.
- Outside panel
- For the outer panel, I chained 15 and then used the pattern for above to know how long to make it.
- Put the panel piece between the two outer piece sides and sc together or slip stitch together.
- Then I added a border of sc around the outer panel and the top of the bag. To help it look better where you stitched it together
- Add a loop to the outside of the bag, wherever you want and add a button to the panel piece.
- On the inside, since I didn’t want it too bulky I just cut some felt the size of the panels, with a another piece tall enough for my license and debit card, and stitched it to the bag.
- Add your strap, wherever and however you want.
That’s about it.
Mine is really tight but I know it will stretch. I would rather have it too tight than too loose. I will probably add a strap to the top once it loosens up a bit.
Hope you like the pattern and can understand it!
I didn’t have felt to match the pink I used so I used the closest color I had, then I didn’t have embroidery thread to match that pink so I just used the neon green to match the bag. I have used it for about a week and so far the felt hasn’t stretched too much, which is what I was worried about. Don’t want to lose either one of those card!! Maybe if I do put a strap on the top for the phone it will also help those to not fall out. Might add a flower to it with a snap to make it a little prettier…