"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Crafty Tuesday- Snickerdoodle Cookies

Pin It
Crafty Tuesday 2
Welcome to Crafty Tuesday!  Crafty Tuesday is to share with others your craftiness, either with things you have made (craftiness or baking because that’s crafty too!) little ideas on fun things with the kids or something cute you have found that you would like to make!  Please feel free to link up and take the button  from the pages above !  Thanks!!!

This time I am doing a cookie recipe.  It is my favorite Snickerdoodle recipe.  It’s from Gifts in a Jar: Cookies by G & R Publishing 


Sorry I don’t have any pictures of the cookies, I will be making them later on this afternoon.  I made the dough up last night.. with a little help from an elf.. but probably not the little elf you are all thinking of!  I’ll explain at the end.  Smile

Snickerdoodle Cookies 
Cook at 375*F for about 10-15 min or until light tan. Makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies!

1 C. butter or margarine, softened
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 C. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cream of tartar
2 3/4 C. all-purpose flour

to roll the cookie balls in
1/2 C. sugar
1 TBS cinnamon 

Preheat the oven to 375*F.  In a large bowl, cream the butter until light, add the eggs and beat, until the mixture is smooth.  Add the dry ingredients and continue to beat until the dough begins to form.  Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.  Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar blend.  Arrange on a ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 min or until light tan.  Transfer to wire racks to cool. 

Enjoy!  These make the best yummy and soft cookies!! 

Ok.. so, Mad knew I was going to be making cookies for the party at the library on Wednesday, but I like to make my dough usually the night before I bake them, like to chill them and then bake them.  So.. last night after she went to bed I decided I needed to go ahead and make the dough so this afternoon all we had to do is roll them in the cinnamon-sugar blend and bake them.  We are kind of running out of ideas for the her little Elf to do so I found an old baby bowl, a tiny spatula and added some of the dough to the bowl then kind of sprinkled a little flour on the elf.  Not much because I don’t want to have to clean her that much. 

Anywho… I put a little of the dough in the bowl, I put that in the freezer and before I went to bed I set it out so that in the morning, if she wanted it she could eat it and it wouldn’t be icky from sitting out so long!  And yes, I know…. cookie dough for breakfast?  It’s not that much, and plus, she’s going to school and I won’t have to deal with her being hyper!  Winking smile  
(even though I froze it, it was such a small amount it was still icky this morning.. thankfully I had enough time before she got up to put fresh in)

DSCF7324
DSCF7326

She loved it and was so surprised!!  



  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online