"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My baby is 3!

Pin It Man time sure flies by!  Maddie is now 3 years old!!!  She went from her crib to big girl bed in April and then was potty trained by mid July, getting her first hair cut in July and has been talking up a storm, coming up with some wild and crazy stories.  She is a character.  Her imaginary friend is Mr. Noodle from Sesame Street and she talks to him when she gets in trouble and takes him with her every where.  Just can't believe she is already 3!  (with the attitude of a 13 year old!)

This past year has been a challenge.  It has been a blessing being able to be with her but now she doesn't have friends her own age anymore and hardly wants to leave us, except for going to granparents house.  When we finally started going to church again, she did very well for the first month or so, actually going to the nursery, playing with other kids, letting me have time with adults, then she just switched and wouldn't do it anymore.  We still go some but not like we did because I am constantly fighting with her to be quiet during Sunday School and church.  It got to be so stressful and embarassing to go.  We did find out that they have story time at our local library every Wed. so we have been going to that and there are some other kids there.  She really likes it and she also gets to do a craft. 
I have been trying to have school time with her too but she flat out refuses to do her ABC's, which is very frustrating to me.  She can't even tell me what a letter is.  I show her flash cards and she can't even tell me what 'A' is!!  Not sure if she does it just to push my buttons or if it is that hard for her.  She is a smart little girl because she comes up with some crazy stuff that we just look at each other and ask, "Did you tell her that?"  She loves doing crafts though and is very crative that way and with telling us stories.  Oh, and she loves to spend and hour of more a day dancing!  It has been a good work out for both of us!

It's hard to believe she will be starting school soon too.  I have to call and find out if she will be starting this year or if it is next year.  I honestly don't know if she goes to Pre-K at 3 or 4.  I have to call and find out.  Don't want to be getting in trouble.  lol  She is now 39lbs and 40 1/2 in tall and in a size 10 shoe!!  She is growing like a weed!

That is about it for now.  She will be having her party on Sat and I am sure I will have more pictures to post then.  She has been a handful but for the most part an absolute joy!  Love seeing how excited she can get over the simplest things.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online