"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Monday, July 19, 2010

Just another post

Pin It Yesterday at church the kids gave their testimonies about their trip to Falls Creek the week before.  The all had a great time and had many that were touched and saved or rededicated their lives to God.  There was at least 7 of them yesterday that went up during the invitation, it was amazing!!  I went up too to rededicate.  Like I had mentioned in my post yesterday, This is My Story, God told me on Thursday that I really needed to go up and let them know my decision.  Even though I had gone off the path when I was younger and still always had that relationship with God it seemed like I was only talking to Him when I needed something or something was scary.  Now I understand that we also need to praise Him for who He is and that praying for others is much more important.  If you just give yourself to God and finally say, 'My life is yours' then you shouldn't have to worry so much, He is there to help you along this walk like it should be instead of you just trying to do it yourself.  Everyone needs help and once you finally let God in and fully understand His power it is so peaceful, like a giant weight has been lifted off your chest!

I understand that there are going to be times that are still hard, but that is what your church family is there for too.  Only God is perfect, we are all going to stumble some but need to make sure we make that effort to get back up and keep going even though some days may not be that easy.

Ok, if you haven't figured it out I am just writing as I think of them and then schedule it for posting later...

I guess the best way to describe when you still have God in your life but not like you should is like having that friend that you go to when you need but don't talk to everyday.  He is just sitting there waiting for you to notice Him and come and be with Him but you just don't have the time, think of what others might say or just kind of forget about Him until that time again when you need Him.  That is not how your relationship with God should be!!  Too bad it took me this long to figure it out.

2 comments:

Tiggeriffic said...

I think God looks at us with such abounding love that surpasses anything that we have ever experienced. It's like looking at your grandchildrens ultra sound before they are born, you look at that little fuzzy thing that's inside you daughters belly and you instantly fall in love with this child. I believe that is what God does with us~ He knows us before we are born and loves us abundantly~! It's a shame sometimes when we take him for granted, and then some days we just can't get enough time with him.. Praise God~! He loves us so much and I love him so much.. Have a great Monday...

My Mad World said...

Very true!
Hop you have a good Monday too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online