"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Crafty Tuesday~ Owl Key Chain Pattern

Pin It Pin It
Crafty Tuesday 2
Welcome to Crafty Tuesday!  Crafty Tuesday is to share with others your craftiness, either with things you have made (craftiness or baking because that’s crafty too!) little ideas on fun things with the kids or something cute you have found that you would like to make!  Please feel free to link up and take the button in the sidebar on the right hand side!  Thanks!!!
 
326197_10150367488490429_731165428_10435941_6948578_o
I have been making up some key chains and coffee cozies lately.  Today I thought I would share my Owl Key Chain pattern with you.
I saw this little owl on Pinterest, but the link took me to Etsy.  I can’t remember if it was for the pattern or the owl, but it was sold.  I loved the little own and thought I could come up with something similar.  I decided to make a small one and then I made it so that I could stuff it and make it into a key chain.
One of my friends also liked them but she suggested leaving it unstuffed and using it as a pouch for her keys.  I made hers a little bigger and added a snap to it.
This one is the one I added the snap to.
photo 
 
and here’s another one.. my first one I made, which of course Mad took!
photo (1)
 
Ok… and here is the pattern, please bare with me, it is only the 2nd one I have actually written down and shared.  I hope you will be able to understand it.
 
Owl Key Chain
Hook-F  Done in rounds
  • Ch. 2
  • 6 sc in the 2nd chain from the hook
  • 2 sc in each (12)
  • 1 sc in next stitch, then 2 in next sc (18)
  • sc in next 2 stitches then 2 sc in next stitch (24)
  • sc in the next 3 stitches, 2 sc in next (30)
  • Rounds 7-17 sc in each stitch
  • Round 18- sc next 3 stitches, then sc2tg in next, dc next 4 stitches, sc next 3 stitches, sc2tg, 2 times, dc next 4 stitches, sc next 2 stitches
  • fasten off tail, long enough to sew.
  • add your felt eyes, and safety eyes or google eyes, beak and wings
  • stuff and stitch the top closed.

Wings- now this is a little different… with the smaller yarn it worked fine, but when I started using the sugar and cream I had to adjust it.  Just play around with it

Wings (smaller size yarn)
  • sc 4
  • 2 dc in 2nd ch. from hook, hdc in next ch, 3 sc in last stitch, working on opposite side of foundation chain, hdc in next hdc, 2 dc in next ch.  Join with slip stitch.  Fasten off with long enough tail to sew to body
Wings (larger yarn)  (just play with it… Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn’t and I would do it different each time)
  • sc 10
  • 2 dc in 2nd ch from hook
  • dc in next 4 stitches,hdc in next 3 stitches, 3 sc in last stitch, working on opposite side of fdc, hdc in next 3 hdc, then dc in next 3 dc, 2 dc in last stitch.  Join with slip stitch and fasten off, leaving tail to sew onto body.

The wings are basically a leaf pattern, so if you can’t understand my instructions you can search for a leaf pattern.  lol  Or wing pattern.. However you want to do it!

I hope you all have fun, would love to see yours if you make one!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there a YouTube video of this?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online