"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie in Jars

Pin It I got this from my wonderful friend Sandra over at Full Bellies Make Happy Kids and I think she got it from one of her favorite blogs…Big Red Kitchen 


Since I am so lazy, Sandra was gracious enough to let me borrow her whole post!  Thank you Sandra!
Check out this wonderful recipe!  Turned out very yummy!  I didn’t have enough jars so I just made a regular pie and it was great! 
 

Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie
Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pies
1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
4 T. brown sugar
3/4 cup melted butter

Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie
Mix well and divided evenly among one dozen 4 ounce mason jars, patting the crust down using the end of a thick wooden spoon.
Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie
Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and cool completely before filling with peanut butter filling.
Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie
1 1/2 sticks butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Safest Choice Pasteurized Eggs
1/2 cup creamy all natural peanut butter

In a stand mixer, mix the above ingredients for 10 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy. Divided evenly over pretzel crusts.
Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 T. butter
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Heat cream and butter in a microwave safe bowl for one minute on high. Pour in chips and let set one minute then stir until the chips are melted and the ganache is smooth. Top each pie with the ganache to just the top of the jar.
Tippy Top Peanut Butter Pie
You will have about 1/3 cup left of the ganache for another use. Screw lids on jars and store in the refrigerator. Makes 12 mini pies or one big 9 inch pie.
Note- The crust is very thick and the first spoonful is hard to crack through but once you do…yum!


Enjoy!  And don’t forget to go and check out Sandra at Full Bellies Make Happy Kids, she has a ton of wonderful recipes just waiting for you!!


* edited to answer a few questions about some things I forgot.
It's best if you let it sit in the fridge for several hours before eating.  Anyways, it was for me.  lol  and keep the rest stored in the fridge too.  Prob. why the jars are best, just easier to store it.  I have a round casserole dish that I made mine in and it has a lid so it worked perfectly.  And I just used Farm Fresh Eggland Eggs and it worked fine.
 

3 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Those look amazing! Can you just use regular eggs though? Do you have to refridgerate them when done?

Sandra said...

Thanks for posting Nicole :)

Lisa, I used regular eggs too when I made mine :)

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

This looks yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online