"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Crafty Tuesday -Easter dye tie dye shirt

Pin It

Crafty Tuesday 2
click the picture for button and more Crafty Tuesdays
Welcome to Crafty Tuesday!  Crafty Tuesday is to share with others your craftiness, either with things you have made (craftiness or baking because that’s crafty too!) little ideas on fun things with the kids or something cute you have found that you would like to make!  Please feel free to link up and take the button from the pages above!  Thanks!!!
So of course we had some left over Easter egg dye and I actually had a white shirt for Maddie so we decided to tie dye it.  I think it turned out pretty well but stupid me didn’t let it dry, thinking you were supposed to rinse and wash it then dry it, and it just all went away.  Sad smile  I hadn’t tie dyed anything in years!
We had some extra colors and I decided to try again.  This time around it wasn’t quite as pretty since it wasn’t exactly the same colors.  Oh well, it’s still pretty.  Hoping this time it will work out right!  Going to let it dry and then maybe put in the dryer or just iron it to set the colors.
First here is our crazy colored eggs.  Not sure what happened but I kinda like ‘em like this. 
041          042                                   
the first shirt
IMG_1767
IMG_1771                                 IMG_1770

and this is the one we redid
046                              047


Then she wanted to try to dye some rocks.  Yeah, that didn’t work out very well.
IMG_1769


Think this will be a summer project again too, but with actual dye not egg dye.

2 comments:

Nursery Design said...

The shirt turned out really cute. Pretty clever way to use up your leftover egg dye.

Dying rocks sounds fun, my son would like that. Then maybe grab some markers to decorate them or turn them into creatures!

My Mad World said...

Thanks so much!! I figured why let it go to waste? lol

Yeah the rocks didn't really hold the dye but it was worth a try. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online