I started doing Atkins at the end of January. (I’ve lost 35 lbs so far) It was hard at first because so many nights I would just eat cereal for my supper, even when I made something for Maddie. When I needed a quick snack it would be crackers or just some toast. It took me a bit to stop those cravings, and I still do have those cravings at times. I did a search for some Chocolate Chip cookies (the Atkins snacks get pretty expensive) and I ran across this recipe… Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I still haven’t bought almond flour yet but I also saw this wonderful idea on making your own almond flour so I gave it a whirl. The flour worked out and the cookies came out great! They don’t look the best but they taste wonderful!! My wonderful phone pic of the cookies.
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Ingredients(Makes about 12 cookies):
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar ( I used Splenda)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (can use sugar free too. I used chocolate and peanut butter chips)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)