"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hand Sanitizer from Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera Gel

Pin It

IMG_3246

I’ve been hearing all these wonderful things about Witch Hazel (<—this link gives 12 wonderful uses for witch hazel) so I decided to get some.  Someone shared a post on making homemade hand sanitizer so I thought I would give it a shot.  I love it!  It is so moist and doesn’t dry out your skin like a lot of the alcohol based sanitizers seem to do. 

Here is the recipe I used.  I also added a few drops of Tea Tree oil as well.  I used lavender essential oil in mine and since Maddie doesn’t like lavender I used orange essential oil in hers.  I just need to get some cute little bottles but for now I am storing it in an old jelly jar. 

I got the recipe from The Greenbacks Gals  Their link also explains how it works.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
  • 4 oz Aloe Vera Gel
  • 1/2 T Witch Hazel
  • 1 Vitamin E Capsule
  • Lavender Essential Oil
In a large bowl, whisk together the witch hazel and aloe vera gel. Poke a hole in the vitamin E capsule and squeeze the contents into the mixture. Whisk in. Add 5 to 10 drops of lavender oil. Pour into a 4 oz squeeze bottle to use. **If you have an opaque bottle, that will help the stability of the essential oil.
Hope you enjoy!! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online