"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Sunday, January 31, 2010

What a great day!!

Pin It We finally got out of the house on Sat and went and got a few things.  Shane surprised me and got me a new sewing machine!!  It's just a Singer Simple but until I know what all that other stuff is for on the fancy machines than this is all I need.  It sews so well.  I found a couple little sites with some cute skirt ideas so of course I had to try them.  Hopefully I can put the link up here where I got the tutorials and ideas from.  I usually don't follow the tutorials too well because my simple little mind can't follow instructions so I just do it my own way.  lol  Usually it turns out fairly well. 
I spent most of yesterday looking for new little ideas since I had some pretty fat quarters but wasn't sure what to do with them.  I have way too many coffee cozies so I needed some other ideas.  Not in teh mood to tackle a purse either, just wanted something simple.  I love making skirts because they are so easy!!  Usually! lol 
Today Shane went and visited his mom in the hospital and took Maddie with him!  It was so nice!!  I didn't do much, just cleaned a little, vegged out and watched Lifetime, sewed and then took a nap.  lol  Nothing better!!!  I think I should ask him if this could be a monthly thing!  lol

Here is the ruffel tiered skirt I made and the link I found it at.  Mine isn't as cute but just did a practice one with some material I wouldn't cry over if I totally screwed it up.  Plus I was lazy on this one and didn't want to hem it so I just ran a little seam along the bottom so it can fray a little bit.  Maddie loves it so I guess that is all that matters. :o)
http://grandrevivaldesign.typepad.com/photos/ruffled_skirts_tutorial/index.html




This is the other skirt I made today too.  It was made from 3 fat quarters. I just love fat quarters!!  You can do so much with them.  Unfortunately I think she is too big now for me to use 2 to make a dress like I did last year.  I will see if I can find some pics from the ones I did last year for her. 
Here is the link to the tutorial I used.  I did mine a little different and am thinking of adding lace to the bottom but still not sure yet.  It is a little longer than what I like but this way she can wear it longer and I can just add longer elastic to it as she grows. 



I guess I should pay attention to the people that make the material.  I usually just grab what I like and forget to put who makes it.  Opps.  Found these fat quarters in a little pack at Hobby Lobby for $5.  There is a green one that also came with it that I didn't use.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online