"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Elf on the Shelf

Pin It
I am sure everyone has heard of The Elf on the Shelf by now.  It’s a really cute little story of an Elf coming to stay at little kids home to be Santa’s eyes and ears and report back to him if the kids were being good or not.  I love the idea, it’s a cute little tradition to start. 

However… I’m a little cheap frugal and just couldn’t see spending $30 for the book and elf.  Haven’t found it cheaper than that and I looked at a lot of places.  I know enough of the story from looking at the books in the stores so I went on an Elf hunt.  He was a hard one to find!  I finally found a little one at Hobby Lobby for half off so he was only $2.50!  Now that I could do!!  Maddie loves it and she is constantly asking if the Elf is now gonna tell Santa that she didn’t want to clean up and was telling me no.  Kinda sad that it took an Elf to get her to be mindful of being good though.  She decided to name her elf 'Cowboy'  She got a little upset at him today because he wouldn't talk back to her though.  lol


Here’s our little Elf.  She loves that he can fly really high too!
100_1255
I think our Elf is a little cuter and not so scary looking. Smile

4 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Yay for finding an elf! Do you know where ours was this morning? He was in one of the stockings, way high up, just peeking out. Silly elf!

My Mad World said...

Very silly elf!!

Ours was crammed on top of the doorbell in the hallway! Silly thing!! They find some really creative places! lol
Love the elf, fun for us all!!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Last night our elf dug out our little Christmas tree and left ornaments all over the floor in our family room! The girls were so excited this morning and quickly decorated the tree!

Anonymous said...

We have an Elf on the Shelf :D

Your elf is sooo adorable!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online