"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Peanut Butter Granola

Pin It
So as you can tell by yesterdays post I’ve been craving sweets and peanut butter.  Being on low carb, honey and oats is usually a no no but I couldn’t resist this yummy peanut butter granola recipe.  Maddie has been really eating a lot of granola bars and I was wanting to see if it would be worth making our own instead of buying them.  It turned out great!  Just wish I would have found this recipe this winter instead of the summer time.. with temps already in the upper 90s it’s so hard for me to turn on that oven. 
IMG_2833
This is the recipe I used as my guide line but I added some other stuff too.  I left out the cinnamon and the vanilla and I added some wheat germ, flax seed and also some almonds I had blended up to make almond flour.  I also had some peanuts and almonds so I decided to chop them up and decided to throw them in too. Oh, and I also had some hulled sunflower seeds too.  (yeah it was a pantry mish mash but so good)  It was very good and since I haven’t had cereal in several months I had a bowl of granola with my almond milk.  Mmm.. man it was delish!! 
 
IMG_2832
Peanut Butter Granola
Sprinkled on top of Greek yogurt or enjoyed on its own, this peanut butter granola is made with pantry staples, making it an easy recipe to whip up without making a special trip to the grocery store.
Ingredients:
Makes four ¼ c servings
2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp. honey
¼ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. oats
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until peanut butter melts (approximately 20 seconds). Stir.
Stir cinnamon and vanilla into peanut butter and honey mixture. Add oats and stir until oats are completely covered in peanut butter mixture. Spread out oat mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 7 -8 minutes until granola is slightly browned. Let cool until granola is crunchy.

Or maybe it was this recipe I used.. the top one is too small of a batch.  I can’t remember what I did now.. I think I just mixed some stuff up and cooked it. 

Jennifer’s Granola
Original recipe makes 16 servings
  • 4 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup wheat germ
  • 1/2 cup flax seed meal
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup water
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, wheat germ, flax seed meal, brown sugar, sunflower seeds, pecans, almonds, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, vanilla and water. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry, and mix until evenly blended. Spread in a greased 9x13 or 11x7 inch baking pan.
  3. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring every 20 minutes, or until toasted. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online