"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cafeteria Peanut Butter Balls

Pin It

I’ve been doing low carb since the end of Jan. and have now lost around 35lbs.  I was searching for a snack and came across these cafeteria peanut butter balls.  Not exactly low carb, but still healthier than any processed alternatives.

These turned out great!  I have made several batches from it, all different but they were all good.  The recipe calls for powdered milk, when I went to the store to get everything I forgot it.  The first batch I did without any milk and it turned out fine.  The next batch I used some of my protein powder, I had some chocolate peanut butter powder and figured it would go great with this recipe.  It did!  This last batch I did I didn’t have any chocolate chips but they are still good!  I have also just left it in the bowl I mixed it up with instead of making the balls… yep I got lazy, but it works fine too.  Maddie loves to grab a couple balls in the morning for breakfast and honestly I know it’s not the best breakfast but its just as good as a processed pop tart or some thing else like that.  (Yes I do offer to cook for her but she won’t eat eggs, biscuits or anything else I offer so this is better than nothing.)

After making a few batches I didn’t really follow the recipe, I just kinda dumped in what I thought looked right and usually it was more wheat germ and flax seed than she suggests but it still tastes great!

Here is the wonderful recipe.  Hope you enjoy it!

IMG_2826

Cafeteria Peanut Butter Balls

Ingredients:
1 - cup honey
1 1/4 - cups natural creamy peanut butter (I use Skippy Natural)
1 1/2 - cups dry powdered milk
3 - cups quick or old fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
1 - 2 tablespoons wheat germ
1 - 2 tablespoons flax seed
1/2 - cup mini chocolate chips, optional


Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together with a electric mixer.
Form into balls with hands and freeze on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper until firm.
Remove from freezer and store in a large zip lock bag in the refrigerator.

Optional: If using chocolate chips add them with all the ingredients and roll into balls.


You can also leave out the wheat germ and flax seed if you don't have any one hand. It won’t alter the texture or taste. It was just a perk I added to sneak in some goodness.

Recipe yields: approx. 30 peanut butter balls

3 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Congrats on your weight loss!!

Sarah said...

This looks beyond yummy. And 35 pounds, you just may be my new hero.

Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip my toes in some serious goodness.

Splashin'
Sarah

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/06/slosh-grace.html

PS I would be honored if you splashed other moms by sharing this post, or another one of your faves, sharing your notes about anything gloriously mom. Just moms. Sharing our notes. Creating a melody.

Sarah said...

Thanks for splashing with us and linking up to splash other mommas as well.

Just moms. Sharing our notes. Creating a melody.

http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/05/momma-notes.html

Be blessed bunches,
Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online