"But by the grace of God I am what I am! 1 Corin. 15:10"

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Snickerdoodle muffins

Pin It

 005

It’s getting cold again so of course I wanted to bake.  Been craving Snickerdoodle again so I decided to change the recipe up a little bit.  The original recipe is from Gifts in a Jar: Cookies by G & R Publishing  I posted about it a while back and you can read that HERE if you would like to.


So… I wanted a fat free snickerdoodle and decided to just play around and see how it went.  Well… it went awesome!  So good!  Now I have 3 recipes that are definitely  ones to return to.



These are the other two.


Fat Free Fudge Brownie

Fat Free Banana Bread



007

(Sorry about the lovely beautiful plate Winking smile  too lazy to hunt up a pretty one that I haven’t broken yet)

Snickerdoodle Cookies
Cook at 375*F for about 10-15 min or until light tan. Makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies!


3/4 C. Applesauce
4 egg whites

1 1/2 Cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cream of tartar
2 3/4 C. all-purpose flour

to sprinkle on top
1/2 C. sugar
1 TBS cinnamon


Preheat the oven to 375*F.  In a large bowl, mix the applesauce, egg whites and sugar until creamy, add the salt (which I leave out) the baking soda and cream of tarter, stir until it is smooth.  Add the flour and continue to beat until the dough begins to form.  (Oh.. to give it a little buttery taste I used my spray butter and just sprayed the dough some and then stirred until it was mixed again.)  Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.   This time I sprinkled some in a greased (sprayed) 8x8 pan, a small shell pan I had for Mad, and a few in the muffin tin.  I added the dough and then I sprinkled more of the cinnamon and sugar mix on top.  Sprayed it again with just a little spray butter and cooked.  I honestly don’t know how long I cooked them, just keep checking and took them out when I stuck a toothpick in the middle and it came out clean.


They turned out pretty good!  Very nice when you are craving something but don’t want something with all that butter in it.

Linking up with Sandra for 
cookingthursday

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy schmoley those look good!

Sherry

My Mad World said...

Thanks Sherry! They are!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Christian Women Online